Smithton R-VI School District is an employer who values a quality staff. We are currently serving about 580 students and about 95 employees. We all share the same mission at Smithton R-VI, which is to serve our community by providing a safe and caring environment where each student, through encouragement and engagement, becomes a responsible citizen and lifelong learner. Our community has tremendous pride in our district and we aim to serve each student in an exceptional way!
Our motto is: Excellence in Action!
Please review our Current Open positions by selecting the Current Opportunities link to the left and reviewing the job description.
To apply for a position your application must be emailed or mailed as instructed below:
- Select the link to the application for which you are applying for
- Download the application and save it to your computer
- The document is a fillable document, so complete it by typing in the information
- Once complete save the document to your computer
- From your email account, email the completed application with a resume and letters of reference ALL as an attachment to the appropriate principal listed in the job description
- Applications can also be mailed or hand delivered
Smithton R-VI School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Substitute Teachers should complete the Certified Application and can email their application to email@example.com
For your information, in order to be a substitute teacher for Smithton Schools we require a Substitute Certificate from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), and the appropriate back ground checks. Smithton School District requires that the “fingerprints on file on the teachers profile page on DESE, be less than 1 year old, or the individual shall have been an employee of the district in the previous school year”.